Sunday, January 18, 2015

With love,From My3

"Raghu","Krishna","Rana","Ransh" - All of them meant the same and one single guy to me -Raghavan Sridhar

It takes my breath away even today when I still remember the day i first SAW him.
He was easily noticeable guy at my workplace - Logica :-)
He used to wear bright shirts and walk elegantly. There was something really charming and attractive about him and still today is.

My first meet was in an elevator-I was in an elevator opposite his and caught a fleeting
glance of him . There he stood in some stripe formal shirt holding his helmet as he always did- with much care and style.I can never get enough of this memory because that moment was when a serious,true bred Taurus girl like me had fallen for him and somewhere in the corner of my heart I heard a voice say "This guy would make a difference!"

Guess Cupid had already hit his arrow and as fate would have it I met him sooner at a Toastmasters session where he spoke of some topic but what kept me glued to him was his demeanour and his élan at speaking and his platinum shirt!! Awww that was a way lot of silent drooling by me and I truly prayed I would avoid this guy as somewhere even without my knowledge I saw my heart run behind the funny ,ever-smiling ,cheerful guy.

Four years and counting I haven't had a day when I could find myself stop drooling at his demeanour. He's a guy that is much sought after and that was in by itself a reason for me to avoid any direct contact with him all the time- I wasn't in for cat-fights with his admirers!

He and I worked for totally different BU  -even our shift timings dint match.:-(
But love has its way and it was -UNIX. Attending a single training made me realise he was never a guy who vowed it by the books.I was a first bencher and there he was a late-comer and with his usual annoying smiles. He seemed to work at code like magic and his explanation was like Daniel Rafferty of 'Laws of Attraction' and I silently warned myself  "cheap theatrics".


Everyday MS office chats got me and him closer and so did my love for UNIX shell scripting.He worked with LINUX and was about to get a certification to get a better idea about his job .That's when all doors of love opened.He would attend his LINUX classes at T Nagar and meet me every evening near my hostel in Kodambakkam 
Those were magical days and were brighter than any other because those were the rosiest and happiest days of my love life.Waiting for his arrival everyday at the stipulated park (where we usually met) didn't bother me because there was something that was worthy to get back to at EOD

'RSA access' spells the death knell for those who are expected to work on non-working hours , but in our case it was anything but that.Rags could use the simple device, access communicator and chat all day long with me. Endless chats were the real reason for our closeness despite our major differences of looking at life- He has a broader and cheerful perspective while mine is more of a serious and realistic outlook.
The best part about him is the way he lights up any moment despite his own setback or failure.
The way he encourages people will make even a simple artist , a Picasso. His encouragement in many ways- from work to handling family issues has been in a large way to making my life more peaceful and simpler.

I have never seen anyone do as much as he does for anyone he loves and wishes to be with.
In a way though it may seem clichéd , I always saw a shade of my mother in him and loved being around him.

There is a reason as to why anything should happen the way it is and being a strong believer of this , I would often debate with myself these - "Was this love" ? " Would this last? "  "Was it for a lifetime?".

The feeling of hundred butterflies that fluttered all over whenever I saw him, my purposeful avoidance of him in the initial stages and irrevocable tears when I fought with him and
trying to make up with the silliest gifts and kisses(read as bites) possible when trying to win him were the answers that I could give myself.

As days passed I realised that I had learnt to let go off my initial hesitations and got close to him and I realized deep inside him there was a urge to be recognized and deep thirst for the very presence of me in his life.He left no stone unturned in winning me over . He would go to lengths of cooking and even waiting a whole hour to drop me safely back home. I could never get  enough of the guy who always said "Having you with me on my bike makes much more meaning than me driving all alone home"- Simple words but words of honesty and deep feeling from inside.

He was always more expressive of us both and clear about his thoughts and decisions.
Till date he is the one who is clearer and precise  as well a good planner.(makes my life a lot easier)

Rags, more than anything is my best friend, my best bosom buddy and my BFF. It takes a lot of time to build a relationship and it took me quite a while to understand my BFF too.

He was indeed a simple , God-fearing, wearer of heart on sleeves and caring guy. The very careless flirty Casanova indeed had a serious flip side too - He wouldn't take a "no" for a work that he believed could be done .

He has always believed that giving time to a person was the best gift ever and that's what he did always when I was down and needed a shoulder to rest upon.

I cannot count the umpteen number of times that I've just turned around and looked to find him standing for me and assuring that the troublesome times would be fine and sunshine wasn't far away.
Despite his brushing off these actions as simple acts of love or friendship ,its those that the woman in me fell for.
He had always was the guy whom I could be myself with - a rarity for a person like me.
He is the best friend I could possibly ever have and he would give his life if he ever believed in someone or something - the best quality of friendship that I value in him the most.

Things that attracted me towards him were many but the primary were his respect for woman and his perspective about life. Despite all the flaws in him he stands as the brightest star in my life and that's the way he always been.There were trying times too and he just did one thing -"hold my hand" which was more than enough for me to waddle through the toughest battle of all times

As my mom chuckled once seeing the gifts he had given -"he has a charm and style of doing things and he's honest about it." . Till date I have never seen this guy-my nitwit , cp ,sh and pooh bear lie to me and that has been
the epitome for my trust in him and love for him

To me rags meant only one thing in the beginning of this journey of difference -"love" and it will continue to do so.

To a true friend, beloved lover and caring hubby(baby) to be - I LOVE YOU :-)


PS:
BU-Business Units
Daniel- Laws of Attraction movie
"hold my hand"- MJ song!





4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Mytri! So happy for you guys. Rock it! :)

    PS : I never knew you were so good a writer. Thoroughly enjoyed reading this lovely post. Keep it going :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much aishwarya .. Do checkout more posts

      Delete
  2. Opposite poles always attract - first bencher and late comer.Let the bonds grow stronger.Wish u both a happy married life.

    ReplyDelete